Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Putting puzzle together

Using a work light to keep the epoxy warm.

Putting weights on the joints to keep them flat.
January 24, 2011
It was so cold last night, I'm a little worried about the work I did yesterday.  But by afternoon, I was able to warm up the cellar and decided to put more pieces together. I moved enough stuff out of the way and put down the cardboard that the boat was shipped in to give a little insulation.  According to the boat building tips, if it is too cold the epoxy won't cure properly.  The CLC web site suggested using 75 watt lights to keep the pieces warm.  I had the wood stove going, put a work light on the big bottom piece and set up a portable electric heater.  I was able to glue the big bottom piece and screw it down to the work table.  I put the cardboard that the pieces were packed in on the floor to give a little insulation between the pieces and the cold concrete floor.  I was able to make enough room to do the left and right sides of planks 1 and 2.  Since I couldn't screw them down to anything, I put weights on each of the puzzle joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment