Saturday, February 19, 2011

Epoxy in plank joints

Filling each joint with epoxy and trying to avoid the stitches to make it easier to pull them out after the epoxy cures.
February 7, 2011
Started gluing the planks together.  I mixed little cups of epoxy mixed with cell-o-fill and put it into a gallon plastic bag.  By cutting off one corner, I could squeeze the epoxy mix onto the joint between each plank.  The first one needed to be of peanut butter consistency and for the others I needed a thick "sauce".  Most of it went well, but I did have a couple places where the epoxy leaked through. The process was a bit of a mess by the time I was done; getting epoxy into the bag got more difficult as I went along.   I called CLC about the three places where I broke off part of the puzzle joints.  They suggested I glue in the broken pieces that I had, and just build up epoxy to fill in the third one where I'm missing the piece completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment