Saturday, June 4, 2011

Second coat of paint

June 4, 2011
Life, work, and weather have interfered with boat building, but today all was right with the world and I was able to put a second coat of dark blue paint on the hull.  Yesterday was too windy to paint, but I wet sanded the dory with 400 grit paper to get it ready.  Before I could sand I used a couple of Swifer clothes to get all the pollen off the boat--it was so thick, it looked yellow. I discovered that a McDonald's plastic southwest salad bowl makes a nice paint tray for the small three inch roller that I'm using for painting.  Temperatures were cool this morning and I had to wait until around 10am for the day to warm up above 60. At least it's not windy and hopefully the paint will dry before anything falls on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment