Thursday, June 16, 2011

More varnishing; installing a gudeon

Thwarts are looking good with their second coat of varnish.

I needed to put in the lower gudgeon because the screws that hold it in place are underneath the stern seat.
June 16, 2011
I rubbed the boards down again the a scotchbrite pad and put another coat of varnish on the aft seat, thwarts, and started varnishing the supports for the sliding seat.  I wish I had started putting the varnish on everything at the same time.  Because I can't tell by looking how many coats are on each piece, I've started writing them down.

I also mounted the lower gudgeon on the transom because this one is under the stern seat, and I want to be able to install the seat once I have another coat of varnish on it.  I was a bit nervous about this step because it meant drilling four holes in the transom, but hopefully everything is OK.  I guess I'll find out when I try to mount the rudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment