Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gluing foam blocks to thwarts

June 19, 2011
Epoxied the foam blocks to front and rear thwarts.  I held off doing the middle thwart because the support for the sliding seat is supposed to be attached to it but I don't see how I will do that with the foam attached.  Pete came over and he suggested a whole different way to attach the seat, and even drew me some plans.    I need to assemble the sliding seat to see if CLC's method will work. Otherwise, I'm going with Pete's suggestion because I think his idea will make it easier to put the seat in and take it out again.   I hadn't opened the box  with the sliding seat since I bought it over a year ago, and discovered that the instructions are just terrible.  I thought I could put it together in an hour but the instructions don't match all the parts and while there are some diagrams, there are no pictures.  I finally got so frustrated with it I had to set it aside and do something else.  Hopefully I can get a fresh start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment