Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trimming fiberglass along plank two

March 1, 2011
I trimmed the fiberglass back to the bottom edge of plank 2 and removed the masking tape.  For the most part, this system worked well, but I did have a few spots where it was difficult to get the tape off.  I used the belt sander to  sand the underside of the rails, and the orbital sander to smooth out any of the drips of epoxy on the planks.  I opened up the sail box and found the centerboard trunk and the pieces for the box to secure the mast.  When I coat the hull in epoxy I also want to do these pieces

Using utility knife to trim fiberglass along plank two.

Trimming along plank two.

Fiberglass trimming completed on transom.

Trimming complete and ready for sanding.

Opened sail box to find centerboard trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment