Sunday, March 13, 2011

Putting epoxy on inside of dory

March 12, 2011
MaryAnn helped me flip the dory over again, and I started sanding the inside of it.  I see all the little flaws and wonder how it's going to look because I'm planning to put varnish on the inside.  Because the fiberglass in the stern wasn't quite right I decided to add another layer.  Because it will be under the rear seat, it's not going to show, but I thought it might be necessary for strength.  I also filled the screw holes in the bow where I had temporary screws to hold the rail in place.  I also added sticks on either side of the daggerboard trunk to get that ready once I get the third coat of epoxy on the dory.

I added reinforcing sticks to the bottom edge of the daggerboard trunk.
The first coat of the epoxy on the inside of the dory is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment