Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cutting out stern seat and thwart blocks

March 26, 2011
I cut out and shaped the small blocks to support the thwarts, and they are now ready to be epoxied to the sides of the hull.  Once that is done, I still have the delicate task of screwing the thwarts to the blocks without going through the hull.  I also cut out the boards for the stern seat.  I was pleased that I was able to do a lot of the work with the band saw this time.  I still need to sand and shape the boards but at least I have a better picture how it will go together; I still need to put in the support block for the rear of the seat.  The manual says to put the block right under the doubler on the transom, but I wasn't sure if the boards would fit.  However, now I can see that they will fit in the space with the support block right under the doubler.

The small blocks to support the thwarts are ready for epoxy--I needed 12 of them; four for each thwart.

The stern seat boards are cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment