Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spray painting the flotation blocks

I had to weight down the newspaper with sticks to keep the paper from blowing around and sticking to the blocks while I was trying to paint them.
April 30, 2011
It's finally getting warm enough to do some painting--although not real warm since today is only 55 degrees.  Anyway, on my way back from the recycling center I stopped in at the hardware store in town and bought a can of flat black spray paint.  It turned out to be a good stop because when I got to the register, they had me draw a number out of a box.  I got 5% off for customer appreciation day.  When I got home I set up the flotation blocks on newspaper outside. There was a light breeze so I had to clamp down the newspaper in order to keep in on the table I was using.  I sanded the flotation blocks in order for the paint to stick to the epoxy and then sprayed them.

  
Spray painting the flotation blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment