Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gluing the flotation block pairs

April 3, 2011
Since I was out of foam insulation I thought I was stuck.  I thought it would take only one 2'x8' sheet but I needed a little more.  Fortunately, I discovered that I had some pieces in the attic that I could use. I cut out the blocks around the mast step and then glued all the pairs together.  The manual says to glue strips of foam together first and then cut them out, which is probably a better way to go. I have them roughly cut out but will still need to shape them a little more, and then sand them and put epoxy on them.  Since I had only four clamps that were big enough, I squeezed them all together at the same time.  I'm a little concerned about the blocks that I had to cut in half to go around the daggerboard trunk because I'm not sure I have enough pressure on them. 
Gluing all the blocks at the same time was the only way I make use of the few clamps that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment