Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rowing continued

July 28, 2011
Took the dory out again on the Connecticut River.  This time things went a little more smoothly and I was able to go further up the river in the same amount of time. I went out early before the fog burned off and there was no wind. I discovered that water does splash up out of the daggerboard trunk--I'll need to make something to cover it.  I've also been thinking that I need a big rear view mirror.  This time I was careful to stay away from the river bank because there were some trees and logs stuck in the shallow water that I almost hit the last time I was rowing.  The biggest disadvantage to rowing is not seeing where you are going.  Fortunately there are not many people out on the water.  I saw a couple people fishing from their boat in the mist but I never came that close to them.  However I had some close calls with logs stuck in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment